Join ebpCENTRAL and ESSAT for this continuing education webcast.
Faculty: Join Linda Meyer, Linda Mazzolli, Larry Cooper, Labiba Russo and USA TODAY’S WOMAN OF THE YEAR LORETTA CLAIBORNE!
• Understand the breakdown of what is Special Olympics Organization/Movement, what are Unified Sports, and what are Interscholastic Unified Sports Programs.
• Critique best communication practices when working with Special Olympics athletes.
• Identify AT/Healthcare Practice Gaps that are germane to athletes with Intellectual Difficulties (ID).
• Examine the similarities and differences that are associated with athletes with ID when providing care (prevention through RTP decisions) for athletes with ID.
• Critically examine the athlete with ID as a whole person and construct a plan of action that mirrors a plan of action for the athlete without ID.
• Appraise your AT evaluation and critical thinking skills when evaluating athletes with ID.
Injury and Illness Prevention and Wellness Promotion
Examination, Assessment and Diagnosis
Immediate and Emergency Care
Target Audience: AT, PT, OT, MD/DO, PhD/PsyD, RN
CE Credits for Athletic Trainers Only: 1.5 Category A CEU’s, All others receive a certificate of attendance
Delivery Method: Virtual Asynchronous
Registration Fee: $9.99
Difficulty Level: Advanced
Sponsor: Special Olympics Pennsylvania
Cancellation Policy: Cancel Anytime and apply the payment to a future course.
ebpCENTRAL is approved by the Board of Certification to provide continuing education to certified athletic trainers. This course is approved for 1.5 Category A CEUs.